Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day 4

OPENING DAY!!!!! Let’s get it on. Are you ready for some football?


So the big day has arrived and passed….and it did indeed make me ponder some draft strategies of mine this season. Who will be the real producer stat wise that is going to give me that edge on the others? I did very well with some picks and others, not so very well. But it is only the 1st game and I got 15 more to bail me out before I worry this week.

So my rant will be short because it’s late and I still need to do like a bazillion other things before I go to sleep. Sorry if this is the highlight of your day now and I’ve let you down….but I WILL be on top of my game for you all this weekend.

So I’ve touched on the young, the old, and now it’s time to explore the fairer sex. All hair….I mean hail the goddess’s of Foolio’s, our beloved women.

Here goes…..

As I arrived home in a rush a 4:30 today, I was in a panic to make sure my rosters were up to date. I easily navigate the bookmarked sites and check for any last minute changes ……NONE…..this is fricken to easy! Then my better half chimes in with her worries for her squads. Another normal evening and my dinner should just about be ready for kick off and I’m all set ready to enjoy a great (well it was supposed to be) game. N.O. marches down the field and its Brees to Henderson for a TD. My wife screams “that’s my guy “(foolio criteria #1) oh wait…and she races to the bedroom and returns with her laptop. After a few seconds I heard a “Damn!!...he’s on my bench” and with every score or stellar defensive effort she again surfed the ole information highway for the resulting addition or subtraction from the scoreboard. And to be brutally honest that’s a perfect self description for the most part of my average Sunday….but this is THURSDAY and I got tons to do still. It is (I think) her passion to follow this crazy sport, not an OK…. he does so I have to. But to see my wife excited at every twist and turn was very fun for me. I love her even if she did pick Peyton Manning with her overall #1 pick. Maybe she loves him more than me? Surely you jest! ….Or is it that maybe…just maybe she actually knows something I don’t……..Right that’s totally not possible. Guess I have pay a little visit to Mr. Manning and set him straight who rules this roost!

So….young, old, male, female, human or ????, you just have to love that Foolio’s are all around us. And all you need is a good game and TV to watch them crawl from the woodwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment