Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 2

DAY 2




Hey….can you believe I got a reply!!!! I’m SOMEBODY….but I digress…..I had the Day from Hell at work today, so sorry this entry is so late. I’m sure my east coast Foolio’s will enjoy a nice cup of there favorite java read my Blog and then race to work to spread my rants to the masses…….lol if it were only true!!



Ok here goes…A really old man once told me “If you’re doing something you really love…..the day is just always better.” I pondered this for a long time. It seemed so easy.

My point is this us Foolio’s live or die with each 4th quarter score on Sundays. When the scores final and you beat team XXX by 3 points it’s a great day!

We all as Foolio’s share one thing in common, our love for football. And its bitter to wind up 3-10 and not a snowballs chance in hell of making the playoffs….but that same foolio will drag his ass down to computer on Sunday and set that roster for the 11th place game and feel confident after hitting submit that at least they won’t wind up last. That’s the passion, the LOVE if you will of the sport that I’m writing about.



So today, I’m sweating my balls off pouring sidewalks in our community, and 12 or 13 year boy walks by with a friend. He was talking quite loud because of the cement truck rumbling on next him and heard him exclaim “I’m so screwed dude, I drafted Sydney Rice and he’s hurt till week 7.” His buddy replied “who’s Sydney Rice?” and the first boy responded back “waiver meat.” I almost fell into the concrete I was finishing from the laughter. I know your pain Foolio…boy do I know your pain.

All walks of life young, old, male, and female enjoy this pastime. Each has there own unique reason, but the bottom line is they are Foolio’s and they love fantasy.



So Foolio’s, 2 days and the fun or pain begins for us all…and when the dust settles after week one and you’ve kicked ass or had your ass tanned nicely, and you head to waiver wire to catch that new players that’s going to right the ship remember that old mans words of wisdom. Its got to be fun Foolio’s or no need to waste your time.



*If there a topic you would like ranted on leave a reply and I will tackle each one received!

1 comment:

  1. Wait - isn't your team name supposed to be "Doggie Style"? All that big Raider style trash talking and you are STILL Silver and Black. Wait. Am I playing against you next week? Phew No. No good to trash talk you and then have you whip my team. I see you are playing Hair of the Dog. Be careful. He is mean. Ala Joe Green.

    hey! How can you only have one Raider (and a SAFETY at that) on your roster?

    Got some splainin' to do Mr. : )

    ReplyDelete